woensdag 25 november 2009

Coverage in the Dutch Surf Magazine November 2009 issue

The Dutch Surf Magazine (issue November 2009) published a great picture of the blog author in mid-air over Texel. The picture was taken on October 16th at Paal 9, Texel, by Paul Koster. The wind was north and was ranging between 6 and a solid 8 bft.


That weekend a whole bunch of windsurfers visited Texel on their yearly "Texel Roadtrip". It was great fun and we had good winds and some heavy surf. That day I was on the Sailworks Hucker 4,8 for the first time. I'm always in search of new and special gear and I'd gotten intrigued by the concept of the Hucker. A modern twisting sail, but with far less leech tension than usual nowadays, resulting in a full profile thoughout the sail to the top, really making it into a powerhouse sail with a slightly higher centre of gravity. For bigger and taller guys like me it's great to have that higher and more powerful leverage on the sail. Most guys were on 3.7's, I was on the Hucker 4,8 and it was sweet. Very stable, fast, heaps of power, and very confident and stable when jumping. It even got me around some very tight corners on the waves, but needed some musclepower to do so, so it's no on-off wavesail.  I think it's very fast too, I'll put it on my speedboard and see what's there in GPS-speed department. 

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten