maandag 15 februari 2010

Looking back on good things and things to come.....

We're having quite of a winter here in Holland. This time in 2008 we were up and running at the great Drivenbywind Speedevent in Southend, UK, organized and hosted by the speeding legend Dave White. It actually seems (too) long ago.....The follow-up of my speedseason of 2008 was flucked by injury and in 2009 I just didn't get enough time spent speeding. So in 2010 I'll try to revive myself. During Drivenbywind (my first ever competition)  I entered the 40+ knots club and as a rookie came in 4th at the January 31st 2008 Drivenbywind.com speedevent just after such big guns as Martin van Meurs, Dave White and Dirk Doppenberg. So great things to look back upon in the speeding department and hopefully also great things ahead. Together with mates Mike and René we've been searching for some new speedspots on Texel and just maybe, just maybe, we've hit gold. First of all I'll post some nostalgia (blogauthor and Dave White on the banks of The Ray, January Southend 2008.). And then I'll post the picture of our possible pot of gold here on Texel. It's in the top right-hand corner, somewhat northeast of Texel. The speedstrip is offshore and lies almost in the same direction as the famed "The Brace", also in Holland. The windfetch is I think even better, the mudbank is somewhat higher with a bigger drop, and you can actually get their windsurfing. We've been out there on freeride gear at the end of 2009, but I think we need lower tides to get really smooth water just of the bank. So you're all invited in this quest!


Somewhere out there there's a great speedstrip.....


           

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten